Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Update on Deskbar...

Neat tool. I like it as of now!

Once DeskBar is installed, it parks itself on the right margin. I have kept it to auto hide, so when I hover my mouse near the right margin, Desk bar slides into view.




This picture shows the Desk bar and the panels. From Media player to Google Search, it encompasses a lot of functionality in the default install.

Searching in Google is now just Win+Q keypress away. A really useful feature, since you don't need to fire up calc.exe now to do your math. Just press Win+Q and off you start typing like:


200km in miles 


How many gallons in a litre


longest beard


parsec to km



The integration with Outlook is good. It brings up my tasks/notes etc. from Outlook. Pretty neat!

The context menu for the panels are context sensitive too. Clicking on them brings up the standard Outlook dialog to add a new entry.




Awesome Stuff! Great Features! Reminds me of Longhorn! Now what needs to be seen is how much of a productivity gain do I get out of this?


No comments:

Post a Comment